Wednesday, August 3, 2011

#4 Moonstruck


All people in the world live with their own beliefs. Beliefs that they hold through amidst of the criticisms of some. I have a belief that dead persons can never communicate because their souls have departed the earth. This was my belief until I experience it myself.
August 23 in 2010, the great crisis concerning the bus hostage on Quirino Grandstand, was the same time I fell uneasy about everything I do. I was editing a movie when a black out happen, not only once but thrice. I was totally nervous that time that I can't concentrate on the right sequence of the videos. At exactly 9: 13 PM a text message arrived telling us that my father was dead on the spot because an accident between two speeding motors. I cried as hard as I could for so many reasons that come up in my mind. First, I have never heard him saying I'm proud of you that what I badly want at times when I have achieved awards. Second, I have never experience going on a vacation as a whole family that I would never experience with his total absence. Third, I love him so much that I don't want him to leave that fast. Lastly, I have never told him how I love him and how grateful I am to have him as my dad.
September 3, 2010 was the day I totally enjoyed the tour I had with my teacher and DepEd supervisor of Ozamiz in Baguio. That same night, I had a dream. I dream about me my whole family having good time in Baguio. It's like a summer vacation. We went to take pictures outside The Mansion, buy souvenirs at Mine's View Park, climb the numerous stairs of Grotto, sailed boats at Burnham Park, marched with PMA cadets and visited many more Landmarks. We even have picnic set-up at the Teacher's Camp near the Track and Field. We we're laughing and enjoying every second together. Suddenly, I heard the rolling of drums. My eyebrows meet, confused on what fuss is going on. Then, I woke up.
I cried and sit on the bed. My vision was blurred when I was looking around the room illuminated by the moon. I was shocked to see a man in white infront of me with the same body build and hair of my father. I saw his lips curving, as if smiling at me. I robbed my eyes and looked again but saw nothing.
Doubt clouded my mind for seeing such dream with realistic colors and happy moments and yet not knowing what it means. Days after, I start thinking that it might be a message that he wants to fulfill a desire I once have and as a return I will fulfill his dreams for me.
They might be dead yet there are many ways though many ways, even in dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment